Friday, April 10, 2009

We said Goodbye to a Friend Yesterday



Who could have known on that day at the pound that I would come across a cute little dog who forever changed both of our lives? From the moment I took you home, you became my special little friend, filled with quirky habits both frustrating and endearing.



Through countless life changes, in good times and in bad, you were always there. You loved your special orange ball, until you lost it in a heating duct. Friends and relatives felt joy and anguish over the prospect of babysitting my little wiener dog.

Over the years, our family grew, but you were always my wiener buddy. Daddy wondered where my mint meltaways went, until you nudged a ball into his lap. Igloo turned you into a Frankenfurter, but learned to live with your bouncing demeanor.




Anastasia booted you out of my lap, but never out of my bed.


Alexander remains your main source of extra people food to this day. Our newest family member Fletcher took to you immediately.

George, you hold a special place in my heart that none can ever replace, none can ever forget. You've brought companionship, inspired songwriting, photography, and countless hours of storytelling.



You have fulfilled and exceeded our expectations of true friendship.

We've lived a long and happy life together. Our family will never be the same because of you, our family will never be the same without you.

Goodbye George.

I hope that those of you who had a chance to know and love him think about him tonight.

Cathy
Spelling and grammar errors as well as typos are left as an exercise for my readers.


No comments: