Thursday, April 9, 2009

How well did Croydon School Students Really Do in Reading And Mathematics?



On Monday I reported that the Eagle Times reported Croydon "maintained its perfect slate in both reading and math, goals it also reached in 2008." I also cautioned that I needed to read the report. Well I did!

When I was going to school 66.7% was a D and 41.7% was an F or failing. It appears to me that the Croydon school is failing to educate too many of our students.

If you look at the raw data this is what a perfect slate and reading looks like to educrats.



25% or 3 of the 12 students scored substantially below proficient in reading.
8.3% or 1 of 12 students scored partially proficient in reading.
50% or 6 in 12 students scored proficient in reading.
16.7% or 2 in 12 students scored proficient with distinction in reading.

In other words 66.7% of students scored proficient or above in reading. But with "new math or educrat speak" the group performance index score is 83.3%. Not perfect in my book and not good enough considering the amount of money taxpayers spend to educate Croydon's children.



33.3% or 4 in 12 students scored substantially below proficient in mathematics.

25% or 3 in 12 students scored partially proficient in mathematics.

41.7% scored proficient in mathematics.

No child scored proficient with distinction in mathematics.



In other words only 41.7% of the students scored proficient in mathematics. But with "new math or educrat speak" the group performance score is 66.7%.

I found the above picture at rttworks.com.


Cathy
Spelling and grammar errors as well as typos are left as an exercise for my readers.



No comments: