Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What is Wrong with the Truth?

After reading a local newspaper I felt the need to write a letter to the editor. If you know Jim and I, it is something we have done for 8 years now. It never surprises us to see our Letters edited by the editors. But this last time when I wrote a letter to the editor they asked me to change it. I declined to change the letter but Granite Grok agreed to post the letter in full on their website.

The editor did not like the second to last paragraph. When reading the letter to the editor do your own research on this "person," you will indeed understand why I refused to take out the second to last paragraph in my Letter to the Editor.


The following piece appeared on GraniteGrok.com. To view the whole piece visit GraniteGrok.com.



“The first duty of a newspaper is to be accurate. If it be accurate, it follows that it is fair.” Herbert Bayard Swope

"Abortion is inherently different from other medical procedures because no other procedure involves the purposeful termination of a potential life.” Potter Stewart American Judge and associate justice of the US Supreme Court (1958-81



Cathy
Spelling errors, grammar errors, misuse of homonyms and typos are left as an exercise for my readers.





No comments: