Saturday, August 29, 2009
Our Government is Changing!
Our Government is Changing - Whether you think the change is good or bad questions must be asked. Ask your Legislators, our President, your friends, your neighbors and yourself these questions and than seek out answers to these questions.
- Can we survive this debt? If yes, how?
- Why the rush on health care reform, cap-and-trade?
- Who is writing these bills?
- Will Washington read and understand the bills?
- Why are you called "grassroots" if you are for, but "Astroturf" if you are against?
- Our unfunded liabilities for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is close to $100 trillion. Is there any way to pay for these programs without bankrupting America?
- We are in so much debt, why spend more borrowed money on cap-and-trade and health care programs before we stop the flow of red ink?
- The stimulus package funneled billions of dollars to ACORN: How does giving billions of dollars to ACORN stimulate the economy?
- If it was so important for Congress to pass the stimulus bill before they even had time to read it, why has only a fraction of the stimulus money been spent six months later?
- Former President Bush said he had to abandon free market principles in order to save them; how exactly does that work?
- Why won’t member of Congress read the bills before they vote on them?
- Why are citizens mocked and laughed at when they ask their congressman to read the bills before they vote on them?
- Was the "cash for clunkers" program meant to save the Earth or the economy? Did it accomplish either?
- How did Van Jones, a self-proclaimed communist, become a special adviser to the president?
- Did President Obama know of Van Jones’ radical political beliefs when he named him special adviser?
- The Apollo Alliance claimed credit for writing the stimulus bill; why was this group allowed to write any portion of this bill?
- If politicians aren’t writing the bills and aren’t reading the bills, do they have any idea what these 1,000-page plus bills actually impose on the American people?
- If the "public option" health care plan is so good, why won’t politicians agree to have that as their plan?
- If town hall meetings are intended for the politicians to learn what’s on our mind, why do they spend so much time talking instead of listening?
- Politicians are refusing to attend town hall meetings complaining, without evidence, that they are scripted. Does that mean we shouldn’t come out and vote for you since every campaign stop, baby kiss and speech you give is scripted?
- Why would you want to overwhelm the system?
- Is using the economic crises to rush legislation through Congress what Rahm Emanuel meant when he talked about not letting a crisis go to waste?
- What are the president's "czars" paid? What is the budget for their staffs/offices?
Too many people in our government in both the Legislative Branch and the Executive Branch are praising Fidel Castro's Revolution. There will be a Revolution in the U.S. but will the winners be those who want to protect and restore the Constitution and our Republic or those who want to makes us into a Quasi Communist/Fascist Country and part of the One World Government?
Spelling and grammar errors as well as typos are left as an exercise for my readers.
I found the picture at the Jane Q. Republilcan website.