Saturday, February 28, 2009

Time for some principle and values.

I am sharing some principles and values that Glenn Beck is proposing. If our governments and public schools heeded and taught these values it is likely we would not be in the situation we are today. I think it is sad that our Country has become almost polar opposite of the Country our Founding Fathers found well over 200 years ago.

It is time for governments and public schools to put the people they serve first instead of having the mindset mentality that these systems are their entitlement programs.

When the money follows the child and not the system it will truly be "For the kids." Honestly I do not know how public school employees look themselves in the mirror. They waste countless of millions of dollars every year. Hold hostage our children in a failing education system. Tens of thousands of kids fail to make adequate yearly progress but thousands of failing educators keep their jobs that provide excellent pay and benefits. As seen be recent legislation over the past two years it is clear to me each child represents more money to their system and be damned what is best for the child.

When I was working I had no problem referring my patients to another professional if needed because my patients always came before my practice.

As hundreds of people are losing their jobs across NH will any school district tighten their budget and do away with wasteful spending. Unlikely I am sure.

Cathy
Spelling and grammar errors as well as typos are left as an exercise for our readers.

Nine Principles to Believe In
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
By Glenn Beck



America, I want to talk straight to you now.

There is a lot of bad news out there. Our economy is tanking and does not show signs of improving. People are losing their jobs 500 million a month according to Nancy Pelosi and there are more cuts on the way.

People around the world are taking to the streets. Our government responds to problem with "bailouts." When you reach out to them you get no response while Ponzi scheme crooks get away with millions and tax cheats get promotions.

Terrorists are on the run, and you just want to keep your family safe.

It is enough to make you want to just give up!

But I am here to tell you something important: You are not alone, and if you believe in a majority of these nine principles then keep watching because I am going to prove it to you to.

1. America is good place, not perfect, but good.

2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life.

3. I must try to be a better, more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and not a guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have. I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree or share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them. They answer to me.

If you believe in those things then I have a project for you. Believe me, this will be worth your while. I want you to take a picture of yourself — keep your clothes on, please — and e-mail it to me at wesurroundthem@foxnews.com. I am going to ask you every day for the next two or three weeks.

Please, if you agree with these principles then help me fight for them.

Link to story.



You Are Not Alone: 12 Values
Thursday, February 12, 2009
By Glenn Beck


I have been telling you about the You Are Not Alone project and the Nine Principles — principles that have made this country great.

I didn't pull these out of thin air. I borrowed from scripture. I got them from the Founding Fathers. And honestly, a lot of these principles are just common sense.

This is not a partisan thing. This is not about elephant or donkey, liberal or conservative. This is about Americans making their voices heard.

....

Now it is time for step two and we add the 12 Values.

They are:

• Honesty
• Reverence
• Hope
• Thrift
• Humility
• Charity
• Sincerity
• Moderation
• Hard work
• Courage
• Personal responsibility
• Friendship

Link to story



No comments: