Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh I Forgot to Post This- One of Croydon's Very Own

Barbara Kresse went to the DC March this was the report she sent me. She gave me permission to post her email. Boy I wish I could have been there.

"The march in DC was awesome, impressive, passionate, orderly, just wonderful. Everyone was there for the same reason. Nice, Nice, respectful, hard working, concerned citizens just afraid for their country. The speakers were great. The signs were great. No police incidents, except I heard one (Obama.com T shirt fellow) trying to beat upon peaceful marchers. He was hauled off by the law. No litter. LOTS OF PEOPLE. I'm really anxious to find out how many is the REAL estimate. My bus had 54. Old people, infants, families, from all state, even Hawaii! So many in wheel chairs, scooters. Fathers came with their teens. Single mothers with their children. It was wonderful to be with a HUGE group of people thinking on the same page!
All want the corruptiion to stop! Get back, our America. I took about 75 pictures.
It was a great 'life experience' to be there on the 9/12/09 walk in DC."

Barbara

It sounded like Barbara had an awesome time. We had a very and the children and I have been sick and now she is busy hopefully we can get together soon so I can get some pictures from her. I believe that Barbara has caught the activism bug.

Quote of the Day - "The most important political office is that of private citizen." - Louis Brandies

Cathy
Spelling and grammar errors as well as typos are left as an exercise for my readers.



No comments: