Friday, November 7, 2008

Indoctrination in our Public Schools

Numerous sources have posted a You Tube video in which a teacher is shaming a student for her McCain support. I came across the video on MichelleMalkin.com. Below is a partial transcript from Michelle Malkin. I am not posting the video here as we have dial-up and I am sure others do as well. I did hear the transcript on the radio.

Indoctrination is one of the many reasons I do not want to send my children to public school when they get old enough. I have seen first hand on numerous occasions how the teachers and employees of Newport and Croydon schools are more concerned about protecting their jobs and getting more money than they are about educating our children.

Oh by the way only one school board member responded to my complaint about the Obama sign in the classroom. He said he would mention it to the group but I never heard back. No surprise there.


Partial transcript:

Harris:We want to talk about the presidential election. I want to ask you, who are you pulling for? Raise your hand.

Student: Obama.

Harris: You pullin for Obama. Who you pullin for?

Student: Obama.

Harris:Any of you pullin for John McCain? That’s fine, say him as well.

Student: Obama.

Student: Obama.

[Cathy, the daughter of an American soldier answers McCain.]

Harris:John, oh lord, John McCain.
Oh Jesus, John McCain.
Ok, now I wanna axe you somethin.
Why are you pullin for John McCain? It’s ok, but why are you pullin for John McCain?

Cathy: I thinks it’s because my parents are going for him too.

Harris: Ok, your parents are going for him. Why are you pullin for Ba-RACK. Barack.

Student: I just want a black president sometimes.
Ok, you want a black president.

Student: The reason why I want Barack Obama is because he’s making good changes in the good country and stuff like that.

Harris: So, he’s making good changes for our country. Now can you tell me just a little bit more, like what type of changes?
Like not having big fights between Iraq and having soldiers killed.
So in other words, Barack is going to end that war in Iraq. What do you all know about that war in Iraq?

[Harris addresses Kathy] Talk, cause yo daddy in the military. Talk. It’s a senseless war! And by the way, Cathy, the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to!
[Camera pans to Cathy, in near tears.]

Harris: So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!

Video and Transcript at What Do You Believe?

The video also appears at Belch Speak.

Cathy




No comments: